Welcome to our home
We are a family team that is passionate about Lord of the Rings and Glenorchy! My guides and I have a love of the area and look forward to giving you an unforgettable experience. We are a local family that takes pride in delivering a great tour every time.
Welcome to Pure Glenorchy Tours
We were captivated by our stunning local scenery and with our love of Lord of the Rings we decided to establish Pure Glenorchy Tours.
We love to show off the absolute beauty of Glenorchy and its surrounding natural areas to our visitors. As International tourism graduates with experience in the Queenstown tourism industry, we have learned the true value of personal service.
We take pride in each and every trip. Our team does its best to ensure all of our guests leave with the sense of awe we felt; the first time we experienced the wonder of Glenorchy.
- Locally owned and operated family business since 2004.
- Local informative, friendly guides with a vast knowledge and passion for the area.
- Pure Glenorchy guests travel in comfortable 4WD vehicles with all seats forward facing.
- Our commentary is tailored to suit your interests – We talk about everything, from Lord of the Rings to local history and tales.
- We enjoy sharing stories and showing film locations of Lord of the Rings and the recently released Hobbit trilogy.
- We are proud of our 100% safety record and stringent safety procedures are observed at all times.
- Pure Glenorchy is recognised as one of NZ’s leading tourism businesses by being licensed to carry the Qualmark New Zealand tourism official mark of quality.
Our Head Guide Earl Matheson
A true Southern Man with loads of enthusiasm with a love for nature, film and the back country. He is local and loves to share his knowledge and stories.
“Earl was friendly, enthusiastic and good fun – he had a huge amount of knowledge on all of the areas we visited ”