Please see below for some of our most commonly asked tour questions. If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to email email@example.com
What is Provided?
- A delicious complimentary morning or afternoon picnic, with lamingtons and choc chip cookies, hot tea and coffee.
- Comfortable forward facing 4WD vehicles.
- A local, knowledgeable guide and stunning scenery to photograph and enjoy.
Do you have costumes?
YES – we have a variety of swords, capes, cloaks, elf ears and crowns for Lord of the Rings enthusiasts!
What film locations do we visit?
Lord of the Rings locations include:
- Isengard & Beorns house location
- Ithilien (where Frodo, Sam & Gollum cook the Cony Stew and spot the Olliphants
- Views of Dunnharrow where King Theodon and the Riders of Rohan camp
- Dead marshes
- Lothlorien Forest (home of the Elves and the battle of Amon hen)
- Isengard location looking across at Fangorn Forest & the Dam wall that gets destroyed by the Ents
Other film locations include scenes from X-Men Origins Wolverine, The Hobbit and the Chronicles of Narnia.
What should we bring?
- Please dress for the weather! – WINTER is COLD, SUMMER is HOT.
- Camera, sensible shoes, water bottle, a jacket, sunglasses and a smile 😊
- No large luggage items such as prams or suitcases can fit.
What if it rains?
- Our tour runs in all weather conditions, provided it is safe to do so.
- In the case of random road closures on the day a full refund will be given.
Is the tour suitable for children / pregnant women/elderly?
- Yes for children 5 and above. We can take younger children if you are booking a private tour.
- We have car seats for children 6 months and over on request if booking a private charter.
- Yes its fine for pregnant women, as long as you can walk still 🙂
- Our short walk it over uneven terrain so a moderate level of fitness required.
Is there much walking involved?
The longest walk is about 15 minutes – which you will need a reasonable amount of fitness. but it is not necessary to participate if you do not want to.
Do you have to be a Lord of the Rings Fan to enjoy the tour?
NO – many of our guests come on tour with us just to enjoy the scenery and World Heritage listed National Park. Our guides commentary includes local history, cultural heritage, flora and fauna.
What type of vehicles do you use? How many people can fit?
We use Toyota 4WD Hiaces that can fit up to 11 guests.
We can run multiple vehicles in convoy for large group bookings.
Can we have a private vehicle?
Yes, we also offer private charters for the half day, pricing as follows:
1-4 people $1050 4-9 people $1250
Do you offer other tours?
There are many other LOTR filming locations in the Queenstown area. We can customise a tour to suit your needs. Please enquire direct – firstname.lastname@example.org