Please see below for some of our most commonly asked tour questions. If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to email email@example.com.
What is Provided?
- A delicious complimentary morning or afternoon picnic, with (vegetarian) savoury muffins OR quiche, apricot slice and choc chip cookies, hot tea and coffee.
- Comfortable forward facing 4WD vehicles.
- A local, knowledgeable guide and stunning scenery to photograph and enjoy.
Do you have costumes?
YES – we have a variety of swords, capes, cloaks, elf ears and crowns for Lord of the Rings enthusiasts!
What film locations do we visit?
Lord of the Rings locations include:
- Ithilien (where Frodo, Sam & Gollum cook the Cony Stew and spot the Olliphants
- Views of Dunnharrow where King Theodon and the Riders of Rohan camp
- Dead marshes
- Lothlorien Forest (home of the Elves and the battle of Amon hen)
- Isengard location looking across at Fangorn Forest & the Dam wall that gets destroyed by the Ents
Other film locations include scenes from X-Men Origins Wolverine, The Hobbit and the Chronicles of Narnia.
What should we bring?
- Please dress for the weather! – WINTER is COLD, SUMMER is HOT.
- Camera, sensible shoes, water bottle, a jacket, sunglasses and a smile 😊
What if it rains?
- Our tour runs in all weather conditions, provided it is safe to do so.
- In the case of random road closures on the day a full refund will be given.
Is the tour suitable for children / the elderly?
- YES – we have easily accessible vehicles for getting in and out.
- Amazing views can be enjoyed from the vehicle if passengers are not wanting or unable to get out.
- We have car seats for children 6 months and over on request.
Is there much walking involved?
The longest walk is about 15 minutes but it is not necessary to participate if you do not want to.
Do you have to be a Lord of the Rings Fan to enjoy the tour?
NO – many of our guests come on tour with us just to enjoy the scenery and World Heritage listed National Park. Our guides commentary includes local history, cultural heritage, flora and fauna.
What type of vehicles do you use? How many people can fit?
We use Toyota 4WD Hiaces that can legally take nine guests but we generally take eight or less per tour for guest comfort. We can run multiple vehicles in convoy for large group bookings.
Can we have a private vehicle?
Yes, we also offer private charters for the half day, pricing as follows:
1-4 people $950 4-9 people $1150
Do you offer other tours?
There are many other LOTR filming locations in the Queenstown area. We can customise a tour to suit your needs. Please enquire direct – firstname.lastname@example.org