Skippers Canyon Scenic Tour
Come and take a journey along one of New Zealands most breathtaking roads, from Queenstown into Skippers Canyon.
Our experienced guides will keep you safe as we follow the world famous Shotover River on a trail that was hand-built by Gold miners in the late 1800’s.
Travel in comfort in our luxury 4Wd LandCruiser.
The journey offers stunning views of this unique Central Otago landscape, so don’t forget your camera, fully charged batteries and an empty memory card! With sweeping views along the steep gorge and of the Shotover River below, you’ll have photo opportunities at every turn.
Skippers Canyon Highlights
- Travel the Historic Skippers Canyon Road
- Cross the Skippers Suspension Bridge
- Visit the restored Skippers township
- Visit a major Lord of the Rings filming location, The Ford of Bruinen
- Gold pan in the Shotover River
- Spot for Rainbow trout in the pure waters
- Enjoy a light morning or afternoon tea
As a local family we take pride in each and every tour.
We provide morning or afternoon tea and a chance to strike gold!
Maximum 4 guests per vehicle
Accomodation Pick Up Drop off
And photo opportunities of this unique Otago Landscape